The food at all of the couples resorts is always very fresh, delicious and locally sourced. You will find local cuisine specific to Jamaica and the Caribbean as well as standard food.
At CSS, there are 4 restaurants – Palazzina, Beach Grill/Bella Vista and Casanova – 5 if you count room service. The Beach Grill turns into Bella Vista at night to create a wonderful water front experience.
There are 2 gala nights that include a buffet dinner and private dinners are available at an extra cost.
Breakfast at Palazzina
This is where you will eat most of your meals as this is the only restaurant that serves a full breakfast (you can also order a limited room service breakfast).
Breakfast is a buffet with an omelet/pancake station and a smoothie bar. They have the typical buffet items including large selections of pastries, bread, cereals, fruit, yogurt – plus hot items – bacon, sausage, potatoes, french toast etc. Plus smoked meats, vegetables & varying hot dishes.
This is the only meal that may start to feel repetitive if your stay is more than a week. One tip is to talk to the omelet chef for recommendations – he can cook up something unique like eggs “Jamaican Style” or fresh pancakes.
Lunch at Palazzina
Palazzina is open for a sit down lunch and is the only air conditioned restaurant open for lunch so it can be a very nice change to the hot beach. They have rotating entrees that are different every single day.
They also have a very fresh salad bar and pizza bar that can satisfy you immediately if you’re starving.
Dinner at Palazzina
For dinner, Palazzina requires reservations** and serves a large variety of entrees. The salad bar and pizza bar are also open with the addition of a pasta bar.
You should never leave this restaurant hungry as it provides the most variety with several options even for the pickiest eater.
- Breakfast: 7:30 am – 10:30 am
- Continental Breakfast: 10:30 am – 11:00 am
- Lunch: 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- Dinner: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Closed Friday
Reservations are Required. Limited reservations on Tuesdays – outside dining only.
Daytime Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)
Nighttime Dress: Resort Chic. Examples include a t-shirt or polo shirt and shorts, slacks, or dress jeans (no rips or holes) for men and dress, skirt, shorts or slacks and blouse for women. Open toed shoes are okay for men.
Sample Menus (Subject to Change)
BREAKFAST SAMPLE MENU
HOT FOOD ITEMS
- Oat Meal Porridge
- Scrambled Eggs
- Boiled Eggs
- Grilled Bacon
- Chicken or Pork Sausages
- French Toast with warm coconut syrup
- Hash Brown Potatoes
- Ackee & Saltfish
- Johnny Cakes
- Fried Breadfruit
- Steamed Calallo
PIZZA OVEN / CARVING STATION
- Spinach & carrot quiche
- Prosciutto and Egg Pizza
LUNCH SAMPLE MENU
- Cream of chicken and spinach / sour cream & crouton
- Baked macaroni & cheese
- Stir-fry vegetables with steamed Tofu
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Steamed vegetables
- Spanish Rice
- Yorkshire pudding
- Pumpkin Spaetzle
- Braised Beef with red-wine mushroom sauce and braised onions
- Condiments – horseradish cream & whole grain mustard
- Grilled Chicken Scaloppini with Tomato Salsa / fried onions
- Grilled Catch of the Day / Tartar Sauce / Cocktail Sauce
- Jerk Chicken Pizza with Vegetables
- Eggplant feta and tomatoes
DINNER SAMPLE MENU
- Freshly Baked Breads & Garlic Bread
- Antipasta & Salad Buffet
- Sea Food Platter
- Nightly grilled Vegetables
- Italian Deli Meats
- Tonight’s Pastas / Sauce Bolognaise / Tomato Sauce / Creamy Alfredo / Various Condiments
- Soup of the Day
- Tonight’s Risotto
- Tonight’s Potato
- Sautee Vegetables
- Braised Greens with Mushrooms
- Basil Seared Chicken Scaloppini / Honey Aged Balsamic Jus / Finished with Sauteed Wild Mushrooms
- Pan-Seared Catch of the Day / Tomato, Capers, Onion, Lemon, Garlic, Olive Oil Salsa / Burnt Orange Buerre Blanc
- Open Flame Grilled Smoked Port Chop / Guava – Ginger Glaze / Green Papaya Compote
- Broken Greens & Roasted Pumpkin Lasagne / Creamy Cheese Bechamel / Freshly Grated Italian Parmesan
- Double Chocolate Gateaux / On Wild Berry Coulis
- ‘Our Signature Oatmeal’ – Lychee Crème Brule
- Blue Mountain Espresso Tiramisu
- A Scoop of Tonight’s House Made Sorbet or Ice Cream
- Assortment of coffees & teas
Palazzina is our favorite restaurant of all at Couples Sans Souci. This is simply because of the variety that it has to offer. You may find an individual dish at the other restaurants that are over the top delicious, but when you’re starving after being outside playing all day – Palazzina comes to the quick rescue.
Pazazzina may not have an ocean front view or luxurious courses and service, but you will not leave this restaurant hungry!
The Jerk Chicken or Jerk Sausage Pizza is my favorite and the Pasta Bar is my wife’s go to staple even when she’s not feeling 100%.
Bella Vista / Beach Grill
Bella Vista and the Beach Grill are directly on the beach. At lunch, this restaurant is called the Beach Grill but it becomes “Bella Vista” or “Nice View” in Italian at night.
The Beach Grill has a variety of sandwiches, jerk chicken, burgers (veggie burgers too), fish, fries, onion rings etc. The menu will change but not daily and only a couple of items will change.
Bella Vista serves dinner and its location on the beach and lack of a need for reservations makes it our personal favorite. They have a variety of grilled entrees and pasta dishes.
- Lunch: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Dinner: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Closed Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday for Dinner
- Late Night Snacks: 11:00 pm – 6:00 am
Dress: Swimwear acceptable for lunch
Nighttime Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)
SOUP OF THE DAY
- Please ask your server for today’s selection
FROM THE GRILL
- Classic Hamburger or Cheesburger / Tomato / Shredded Lettuce / Pickles / Condiments
- Jerk Chicken / French Fries or Coco Bread / Cole Slaw / Corn on the Cob
- Sans Souci Smoke House Jerk Beef Burger / Carmelized Onions / Shredded Lettuce / Tomato Salsa / Avocado Herb Sauce /Bacon Strips
- Hot Dog / Choice of Chorizo, Italian, Jumbo Franks / Condiments
- Vegetable Burger / Pepper Jack Cheese / Shredded Lettuce / Fried Plantain / Roasted Tomato Chutney / Cole Slaw / Mushrooms
- Tuna Salad Wrap / Flour Tortillas / Local Lettuce / Tomatoes / Purple Onions / Pickles / Shredded Cheese / Chocho Slaw
- Beef Patties / Chicken Patties
- Fried Onions Rings or French Fries
- Creole Chicken Salad / Crisp Garden Greens / Local Beans / Snipped Herbs / Papaya / feta / Creole Chicken Strips
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich / Classic Ham & Cheese Sandwich / Lettuce / Tomatoes
- Pizza Margarita / Choose from Chicken, Shrimp, Bacon, Mushrooms, Peppers, Onions
- Pan Fried Snapper Sandwich / Coco Bread / Lettuce / Tomatoes / Cucumber / Pickle / Onion /Tartar Sauce
- Pressed Cuban Medianoche Sandwich / Slow Roast Pulled Pork / Pickles / Cheese / Onions / Tomato
- Ice Cream Sundae / Chocolate Sauce / Nuts / Chocolate Sprinkles / Maraschino Cherries
BELLA VISTA DINNER MENU
- Callaloo & Codfish Quiche – Coconut Curry Sauce
- Fried Calamari – Tartar Sauce
- Jamaican Vegetable Fritters – Spicy Mango Rum Chutney
- Our Jamaican Chefs Soup of the Evening (Your server will advise)
SALAD FOR TWO
- Caribbean Caesar Salad – Grilled Jerk Sausage / Garlic Croutons / Shaved Parmesan
- Roasted Pork Loin / Thyme / Scotch Bonnet Glaze
- West-Indian Curried Chicken / Local Herbs Spices
- Escovitch Red Snapper Fillet / Traditional Pickled Vegetables
- Jerk Beef Tenderloin / Mild Pimento Jerk Sauce
- Stir- Fried Ochie Market Veggies / Ginger / Garlic Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Caramel Flan / Local Orange Compote / Brown Sugar Cinnamon
- Warm Coconut Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding / Ice Cream / Rum Butterscotch Sauce
- Lemon Sour Cream Cake / Homemade Ice Cream / Strawberry Coulis
- A scoop of homemade ice cream or sorbet
- Selection of coffees and teas
*This Menu is a sample of the offerings at this outlet. Subject to change.
Beach Grill Review
Yup, you’ll fall in love with several items at the Beach Grill. The jerk chicken is a staple of Jamaica and of Couples Resorts.
When you finally, finally get tired of Jerk Chicken – go for a Jerk Burger – Beef or Vegetarian!
When you’re at home and you miss their Jerk Sauce, watch this video:
Bella Vista Review
Bella Vista has a lot of unique dishes and is a lovely evening sitting under the stars and the big tree on the beach with your S.O. The only problem with Bella Vista is trying not to fall asleep from the soothing sounds of the ocean!
Wonderful appetizers and delicious soups plus grilled steak!
Wait at least 30 minutes after they open for dinner or you might be waiting in a small line as people naturally gravitate for the beach bar early in the evenings and wait until they open.
Casanova is only open for dinner and requires reservations**, pants and close toed shoes for men. The menu will feature a several course meal and can take a while as they assume you and your partner are there for a long romantic evening.
If you make reservations for later, they tend to move you through a bit faster.
Casanova is near the lobby, martini bar and balloon bar up on the hill and can be a nice change of pace as it’s where most of the evening activity takes place.
- Dinner: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Closed Tuesday and Friday
Reservations Are Required.
Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks (including dress jeans) and closed-toe shoes or closed-toe sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.
- Caribbean Seafood Tasting / Shrimp Cocktail with Honey Grilled Pineapple / Smoked Salmon & Caper Mousse with Sweet Potato Chips / Smoked Marlin Ceviche with Citrus, Shaved Onions and Torn Herbs
- Chilled Duck Breast on Green Papaya Ginger Slaw / Aged Balsamic Orange Reduction
- Caribbean Crab Cakes / Island Chocho Slaw / Grapefruit Salsa / Lemon Honey Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Turkey & Jerk Sausage Ravioli / Scotch Bonnett Marmalade / Pumpkin Hash with Wild Thyme / Buerre Blanc
- Ackee Tarte Tatin / Roasted Peppers / Crispy Puff Pastry / Jamaican Coconut Rundown Sauce
- Roasted Pumpkin & Plaintain Cappuccino / Bacon Bits / Toasted Pumpkins Seeds / Cumin Foam
- Creamy Lobster Bisque / Orange / Brandy / Creme Fraiche / Black Pepper Lavash
SALAD FOR TWO
- Local Garden Leaves / Roasted Beets / Papaya / Crumbled Feta / Toasted Nuts & Seeds / Spinach/ Snipped Herbs / Cucumber /Choice of Dressing
- Flame Grilled Beef Tenderloin / Rosemary Onion & Mango Chutney / Calalloo & Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes / Flash Seared Pak Choy / Mild Money Jerk Reduction
- Grilled Rack of Lamb / Apricot, Fig, & Mint Relish / Green Banana Gratin / Saute Leeks & Zucchini / Merlot Jus
- Citrus Splashed Grilled Catch of the Day / Charred Mediterranean Vegetables / Rosemary / Champagne Lime Cream Sauce
- West Indian Seafood Bouillabaisse / Shrimps, Scallops, Mussels & Fish / Tomato White Wine Broth / Saffron Potatoes / Veggies
- Baked Stuffed Chocho / Creamy Goat Cheese / Caramelized Veggies / Couscous with Garlic Saute Mushrooms / Fire Roasted Tomato Coulis
- Chocolate Cookie tasting for 2 / Triple Chocolate Biscotti with Honey Roasted Nuts and Chantilly Cream / Chocolate Chip & Coconut Macaroons with Caramel Coffee Sauce / Sticky Chocolate Brownie with Tia Maria soaked Raisins and Burnt Orange Compote
- Mango Thyme Cheese Cake / Coconut Biscuit / Mango Curd / Brown Sugar Wafer / Vanilla Anglaise
- Caramelized Pumpkin Rice Pudding with Wild Thyme / White Chocolate & Lime Sorbet / Roasted Cashews
- Blue Mountain Coffee Pot de Creme / Roasted Coffee Beans / Mint Biscotti
- Our Pastry Chef Tastes Of House-Made Sorbets
- A Scoop of Home Ice Cream
Casanova is the epitome of luxurious dining and is the place to ask that special person to marry you or celebrate an anniversary.
Your meal will consist of several courses and will not be short. The presentations are lovely and the food is delicious.
They also have a few different dishes (like lamb or duck) that are usually reserved for more up scale restaurants.
*Bring a sweater as it’s usually pretty cold inside Casanova.
Sans Souci has two special nights “Jamaica Night” on Tuesdays and “Starlight Gala and Cabaret” on Fridays.
These nights feature a buffet on the lawn and entertainment on the main stage. These nights are great for trying a variety of dishes all at once and Sans Souci does and fabulous job putting out a great spread.
Note that if you are staying in A, B, C, or D blocks – the noise from the entertainment on these nights can be very loud.
Repeat Guest Dinner
Wednesday nights CSS hosts the repeat guest dinner. If you have been to a Couples resort at anytime in the past, then you should automatically receive an invitation for this dinner.
With steak and lobster, this meal is definitely worth attending. They will also hand out prizes and give you the opportunity to meet and dine with a member of the couples staff.
Wednesday nights are lobster night at all restaurants at CSS. This is also the repeat guest dinner night which
At all the Couples resorts, you can pay for a private dinner on the beach/gazebo/SSB. This dinner will be just you and your significant other with a personal waiter and chef.
They typically serve steak and lobster, but other entrees can be arranged.
Allergy Concerns/Special Diets
Do you have allergy issues or special diet concerns? Contact the resort and they will let you personally talk to the chef on your arrival. They will insure that all of your food arrives safe and prepared the way you desire.
Veggie & Smoothie Bar
All of the Couples Resorts have a Veggie Bar.
At Couples Sans Souci the veggie bar is near the mineral pool. This is very easy to miss as it looks like it’s just a small building near the pool.
- Daily: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Fruit & Veggie Smoothies
- Jamaica Vegetable Juice
- Chilled Gazpacho / Lime & Chili Pita Chips
- Lemon Humus & Smoked Marlin and Heart of Palm Dip / Sweet Potato Chips /Vegetable Sticks
- Crunchy Greens / Toasted Seeds / Oranges / Citrus Vinaigrette / Apple Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Lebanese Pumpkin Nut Kibbeh / Fatoush & Cucumber Tzatziki
SANDWICHES & PANINIS
- Tuna Nicoise Wrap / Kalamata Olives / Green Beans / Spicy Chipotle Salsa
- Spinach & SUn Dried Tomato Focaccia / Goat Cheese / Grilled Vegetables / Organiz Basil Pesto
- Mini Lentil Cakes on 9 Grain Bread / Grilled Plantain / Shredded Greens / Greek Style Yoghurt
*The Menu provided is a sample of the offerings at this outlet. Subject to change.
My wife is a vegetarian and always looks forward to our trips to CSS. She especially loves the pasta bar – where she can order exactly what she desires and watch as the chef prepares her dish.
At every meal there are fresh vegetables, fruits and meatless dishes.
Read our blog post on reservation tips to find out when the best time to reserver your table.
- Couples Resorts Water Sports
- Will you go Au Naturale?
- Walkabout Orientation Tour
- “Sand Gravity”
- The Day 2 Blues